Word of Life Argentina
Word of Life is an international Christian youth ministry that is represented in more than 65 countries. In Spanish, the name is translated “Palabra de Vida”. The name derives from a verse in the Bible where it says in Philippians 2:16, “Holding fast the word of life!”. This verse always reminds us to preach the word of life – the Gospel of Jesus Christ – and to stay firm in it.
Word of Life was founded by Joe and Melva Jordan who came in 1971 to Argentina and began the WOL Argentina Mission.
You can find more information about WOL Argentina on our Facebook page or our WOL Website.
In the following video, we will give you insight to the history and different areas of Word of Life Argentina.
- Joe and Melva Jordan come to Argentina as missionaries.
- First evangelistic activities with Jack Wyrtzen.
- First Word of Life Summer Camp in Brazil.
- Opening of the first Bible Club in a local church in Buenos Aires.
- Opening of the Word of Life Bible Institute in Monte
- First Mission Trip to Chile
- Extension of Word of Life in South America and sending of the first Missionaries to Chile.
- Beginning of the Bilingual Bible Program for English speakers to learn the Spanish language and to preach the gospel to Hispanic people.
- Beginning of the Bilingual Bible Program for Germans.
- Arrival of the first students from Germany and Switzerland in September 2017.